(Take Home CEUs)
• Aging in Place: “There’s No Place Like Home”
Recognizes the desire of many seniors to remain at home as they age and discover resources and strategies to assist in honoring their wishes when feasible.
• Care Transitions for the Elderly: From Hospital to Home
Discusses discharge planning tools and strategies designed to assist the elderly when returning home after hospitalization. Topics include medication management, monitoring of chronic conditions, and home safety.
• Care Transitions: Reducing Avoidable Hospitalizations of Nursing Home Residents
Describes the Interact II program tools that can be used for early identification of a change in resident status, to guide the nursing home staff through a comprehensive resident assessment when a change is noted, and for improving documentation & enhancing communication.
• Long-Term Care Insurance: To Have or Have Not
Explains the pros and cons of long-term care insurance, what it typically covers, and what to look out for when helping patients make care decisions based on their long-term care coverage (or lack thereof).
• Strategies for Reducing Hospital Readmissions
Introduces innovative programs and tools that will assist the healthcare provider, the patient, and family members manage care in an effort to avoid rehospitalization.